Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this because it has so many of the things I like best about Mediterranean food in it. It makes for a great meal.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (not oil packed)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced (may use 1/3 amount dried)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 lemon
- 16 ounces spaghettini or 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked until al dente
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed) (optional)
- Peel shrimp and devein; keep chilled until needed.
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces; place in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water; allow to rest until softened, 15-30 minutes.
- Cook pasta until al dente, 8-10 minutes, or according to package directions; start to prepare vegetables and shrimp just as pasta cooks.
- Drain softened sun-dried tomatoes from water and reserve the soaking liquid (you may need this later).
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat, and add garlic, pepper flakes (if using), and oregano, just until fragrant.
- Add the artichokes, sliced red peppers, chopped olives, and softened tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 mintes.
- Check your pasta, taste it to see if it is al dente; drain when ready, and toss with a little extra virgin olive oil if desired.
- Add the shrimp and the feta to the pan, and cook over moderate heat until the shrimp curl and turn pink, several minutes.
- Sprinkle the dish with parsley and add the juice of the lemon, being careful not to add the seeds.
- Fold in the cooked pasta, tossing to mix, until everything is evenly blended.
- Add some of the reserved cooking liquid from the sun-dried tomatoes if the pasta seems too dry, use your own judgement as to how much you like to add.
- Serve hot, with other foods if desired.
Used ricotta instead of feta. Amazing!!
My hubby is an awesome cook and he loved it. I looked at your page and you have several other recipes I want to try!!
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe! I also added a few scallops as well. Thanks for sharing!