Recipe by audragrube
A wonderful, easy alternative to lasagna! I can't recall which magazine I discovered this recipe in but the picture is what appealed to me. My kids wrinkled their noses at the idea of spinach but quickly decided it was great anyway! It's very easy to prepare & tastes just as good as a leftover.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (26 ounce) can hunts roasted garlic and onion spaghetti sauce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained & keep warm
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook: sausage in a large, nonstick skillet over med-high heat for 5 - 7 minutes or until crumbled & no longer pink; drain.
- Stir: in sauce, olives & spinach, heat through. In a large bowl, combine meat sauce with hot pasta. Toss until well coated. Coat a 13X9X2” baking dish with cooking spray. Pour half of the pasta mixture into dish; top with half of cheese. Repeat. Cover with foil.
- Bake: in a preheated 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.