Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Light. Have not tried yet, but posting for safe keeping.
- 10 -12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces pasta
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place tomatoes cut side up on foil lined pan sprayed with Pam. Mix 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, and seasonings in small bowl. Spoon over tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 T of remaining oil.
- Roast in preheated 400°F oven 45-60 minutes until tomatoes are soft and browned on top.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package. Drain well. Place 1/2 of roasted tomatoes in bowl with remaining 2 T olive oil and mash coarsely. Add pasta and remaining tomatoes. Toss to mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan and additional crushed pepper if desired.
This was great! Family really enjoyed it. Made for Photo Tag Game.