Recipe by FloridaNative
I found this recipe on an advertisement page for 'McCormick Gourmet Collection' spices. This recipe sounded pretty good, though maybe a little labor intensive for a week night! I think a nice Italian sausage would add to this dish as well, so I included it as optional.
Top Review by Manami
Awesome! Used egg noodles for this dish - as I was worried about the acidity of the tomatoes but why worry it was delicious! Added a bit of oregano & bay leaf and it was enjoyed by one and all! Next time, and of course there will be a next time, we'll try it with some Italian sausage. Thanks for posting such a delicious and easy dish. Manami ;)
- 2 lbs medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (10 to 12)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons mccormick california style minced garlic made from fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons mccormick gourmet collection mediterranean spiced sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or McCormick Gourmet collection Coarse Grind Black Pepper)
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch sections, cooked and drained, set aside (optional)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomato halves, cut sides up, in foil-lined 15 x 10 inch pan which has been sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the olive oil, minced garlic, spiced sea salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon over tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree F oven 45 to 60 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and browned on top.
- Place 1/2 of the roasted tomatoes and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large bowl. Coarsely mash tomatoes.
- Add pasta and remaining roasted tomatoes; toss to mix well.
- Add Italian sausage (if using); toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle with additional spiced sea salt, if desired.
- Serve with fresh parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and a warm hearty bread and green salad.