Recipe by Shazzie
A traditional Mediterranean main course. Capers may be substituted wiith some black olives.
- 12 ounces pasta, pasta of your choice
- 8 -12 basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 capers
- 1 3⁄4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, sliced (or roughly crushed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino cheese, grated (or other cheese of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the capers, wash the basil leaves and mince together with the garlic.
- Add the breadcrumbs and oregano and mix.
- Lay the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with half the olive oil.
- Spread the caper mixture over the tomatoes and drizzle over the balance of the olive oil and salt to taste.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and and add to the baked mixture and toss.
- Top with grated cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.