Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A pasta salad loaded with veggies, great to take for a potluck or to serve at a big BBQ. Best to prepare a day ahead of time so it has time to absorb all the flavors
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded, large diced
- 1 small red onion, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (7 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichokes, quartered in brine
- 1 (13 ounce) can black olives
- 4 radishes, halved then sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- red wine vinegar (optional)
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Prepare vegetables as listed.
- Drain and rinse all canned items.
- Combine pasta, cheese, canned items, and fresh vegetables in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the bottle of salad dressing ( I use Bernstein's Restaurant Recipe Italian) and stir to combine.
- Add parsley for extra color, add a splash of red wine vinegar (optional) to "brighten" the flavor.
- The next day, add the remaining salad dressing before serving, and stir thoroughly.
A great recipe....we left out the mushrooms and used a green pepper instead of yellow and asiago cheese instead of parmesan
This was amazing! The only change I made was adding Feta cheese. Got lots of compliments from the party. It fed a large group well, and everyone liked it so much, I probably should have made more! Thanks for sharing!
Leah made this for her wedding reception BBQ. It was great to eat because of all the flavors and textures. There wasn't much left! It is now my favorite pasta salad.