Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a copy of a recipe from a local bakery/deli. I got it from a lady I used to work with and think it's just scrumptious. It makes a wonderful side or the main dish for a light lunch. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup corn oil (I usually use olive oil)
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water if necessary,dried and cut into strips
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, cleaned,stems removed and cut into julienne strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard and garlic in blender (I haven't ever used a blender, just mixed really well).
- Mix well and put into large mixing bowl.
- Cook pasta in boiling salt water.
- Add to bowl with dressing and toss adding sun dried tomatoes and olive slices.
- Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, toss well and add spinach.
- Mix well.