Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I found this my latest Cookbook Digest (which says this is in a cookbook called "Secrets of Light Latin Cooking") and tried it immediately. I used feta cheese instead of goat cheese and it tasted great to me.
- 7 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente and cooled
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 ounces goat cheese (I used feta)
- 20 black olives
- basil, finely chopped,to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper
- Mix cold pasta with tomatoes, cheese, olives and basil.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over pasta.
I used Feta also, this is a great tasting salad! I didn't have Penne pasta in but had some Orzo in I needed to use up, it worked great! The combination of olives, feta and cherry tomatoes is wonderful and of course the fresh basil is a great finish!and the dressing was perfect with it, Thanks for saharing a keeper!