Recipe by Ruby15
A great pasta salad Full of flavor. Great for picnics. Make a double batch to have for the whole weekend. Note: You might want to make a little extra vinaigrette. Not all pasta will soak up the Vinaigrette the same.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lb tri-colored pasta
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (Marinated, Julienned)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced and separated
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peppers, sliced into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoncini pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke, chopped or sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, pre-diced works great
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a full boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente; drain, rinse immediately with cold water to cool. Drain again and set aside.
- 2. Vinaigrette: Whisk vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and fresh ground pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in enough oil to make a smooth vinaigrette.
- 3. Combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, red onion, pepperoncini, olives, roasted peppers, artichokes, prosciutto, and Italian Seasoning in a large bowl. Mix in pasta.
- 4. Add vinaigrette to mixture and both cheeses; toss well. Add additional salt and pepper according to your taste.
- 5. Chill. The longer the better.
- Note: If making a day ahead of time, I make a little extra Vinaigrette to add if necessary. Pasta usually soaks up the dressing.