Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is perfect for a crowd....it has all but the kitchen sink in it!!!
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, julienne strips
- 3 ounces pepperoni, cut into julienne strips
- 1 -2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3⁄4 lb provolone cheese (cubed, grated or chopped, or white cheddar cheese)
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook noodles. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Combine pepper, pepperoni, tomato, zucchini, cheese, artichoke hearts, parsley, olives and onion; toss lightly to mix.
- Vinaigrette: In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, adding peper to taste; mix tohroughly. Pour over salad and toss.
- Chill for at least 3 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary by adding a little more olive oil and baslamic vinegar.