Recipe by DesertRose15
From All You Magazine. You can use bow ties or any tubular or spiral pasta in this salad. Instead of feta, you can substitute chunks of mozzarella if you prefer.
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was very tasty - I used mozzarella as suggested instead of the feta (didn't have any feta!), and spiral pasta. Very delicious and quick and easy to put together. DH was very happy when he taste-tested this dish. Will definitely make this one again. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives or 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 fresh basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and bring back to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until pasta is tender but not mushy, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add tomatoes, olives and feta. Stir in olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Add basil, toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.