Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a DELICIOUS and HEALTHY pasta recipe I got from Body+Soul magazine. You can also use brown rice pasta instead of wheat pasta.
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Add wine and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and cook until starting to brown, 2-3 minutes. Add olives and half of the tomatoes; cook until tomatoes start to break down, 1-2 minutes. Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining tomatoes, oil, cheese, and basil. Thin with reserved pasta water if necessary to coat the spaghetti. Serve with additional cheese.