Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious salad, with a couple of different twists, that can make it just a little different!!
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb marinade (Diana Marinade, Garlic and Herb Flavour)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 8 cups cooked penne
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- Whisk Diana Marinade with oil, black pepper, lemon zest and hot pepper flakes. Toss pasta with red onion, red pepper, artichoke hearts,(if using) sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, pine nuts, Asiago cheese and dressing mixture until combined. Serve warm or cold.
- Pasta salad can be made ahead and held in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Use whole grain or whole wheat pasta for added fibre. Or, stir in drained, canned tuna for protein and Omega 3 while making this dish a substantial meal option.