Prep 1 hr 35 mins
Cook 14 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine. The pastry requires a 40 minute thaw time and a 45 minute chill time which I have included in the prep time.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Thaw puff pastry for 40 minutes at room temperature. Line 2 sheets with parchment paper.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Spread 2 tbsp pesto over pastry, top with 2 tbsp tomato, 2 tbsp walnuts, and 4 tbsp crumbled feta. Starting at long sides, fold pastry towards center leaving 1/4" space in center. Fold one side over the other, making a 4-layer rectangle. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet. Cover pastry rectangles with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F Cut each rectangle into 15 1/4" slices. Place cut side down on baking sheets 2" apart.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden, turning over halfway through baking. Remove palmiers from the baking sheets and cool slightly on wire racks. Serve warm.