1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Paella (Vegetarian)
Makes a colorful and tasty side dish or light main dish. It has passed the "husband test" and has also been popular at potlucks. This came from a cooking show I used to watch back in the early 1990's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of hot water. Stir around and then set it aside.
- 2In a large pan or dutch oven, sauté the uncooked rice in the olive oil for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add vegetable broth, green beans, black olives, bell pepper, saffron mixture, white pepper, cayenne, and tomato.
- 4Cook, covered, for 30 minutes, or until the water is evaporated, stirring occasionally to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Paella (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.8
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 1108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Spanish saffron threads