Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light (June 2005)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta, about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped and drained
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Combine orzo, spinach, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Drain artichokes, reserving marinade.
- Coarsely chop artichokes, and add them along with the reserved marinade and 1/2 cup of feta cheese to orzo mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle each serving with remaining feta cheese.
Amazing taste, light for summer meals. A salad that will be made a lot in the future. I did not modify the recipe. The taste melded together in every bite. Sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke, olives and feta, ooh soo yummy, what a great flavor combination
LOVE this salad!!!
Loved this! Made for lunch but CL suggests serving for dinner with pita wedges and mint iced tea. Was actually searching to post, glad to find it already here. Thanks for sharing the recipe!