- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh basil leaves (optional) or parsley sprig, for garnish (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Mix orzo, bell pepper, cheese, olives and chopped fresh basil in a large bowl. (If using dried basil, add to dressing.).
- Whisk together salad dressing & seasoning mix, oil, vinegar and sugar.
- Stir dressing into orzo mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with basil leaves before serving, if desired.