Top Review by Mama_Jennie
Updated! So I finally had all the ingredients to make this and it came out pretty good! The flavors blend nicely and the differing textures of the cucumber, orzo, & feta melded nicely together. The kids didn't care for it much but I think that's because there are some very strong flavors that they just aren't used to. I would recommend!
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb tomatoes, diced
- 1 seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a colander, drain the cooked pasta, then rinse with cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese and the reserved pasta. Add the dressing and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper.