Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Adjust all ingredients to taste. This salad should serve 3-4 people but can easily be doubled. This is delicious!
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 10 fresh asparagus (chopped into about 1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or to taste or use 2 tablespoons fresh chopped)
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the orzo until JUST firm-tender, about 10 minutes (ADD IN the asparagus the last 2 minutes of cooking) drain the orzo and asparagus, rinse with very cold water, place in a large bowl; set aside.
- To make the dressing, using a food processor combine vinegar, Dijon, honey (or maple syrup) dill, chopped capers, fresh garlic and about 1 teaspoon black pepper; slowly add in oil while the machine is running until the mixture emulsifies.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the orzo and asparagus in the bowl; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
- Just before serving add in the halved cherry tomatoes, olives and pine nuts.