Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Add cherry tomatoes, olives, Parmesan and fresh parsley to orzo pasta, and you'll have a side dish that's packed with flavor! WW 5/11/09
Top Review by Baby Kato
Delicious Jackie, simply delicious. I loved the tomatoes, olives, lemon and cheese in this dish. What great flavor and texture this dish has. I enjoyed it for lunch yesterday. Thanks so much for sharing. Next time I make this and I will be making this again often, I think it will be a great summer lunch dish. I will omit the salt completely, as I found it a little salty.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped, 1 cup
- 226.79 g uncooked orzo pasta (1-1/4 cups)
- 411.06 g can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 78.07 ml pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 118.29 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in orzo, broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook until orzo is just tender, about 7 minutes, adding tomatoes and olives during last 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan, parsley and lemon zest.