Recipe by WHINING VINING
A perfect accompaniment with fish or chicken. Great substitute for rice. Nice blend of favors. Another dish high in garlic but would you really expect anything less from me?
- 3 cups orzo pasta
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 lb of pitted kalamata olive
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaf
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 on the vine tomatoes
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- take your kalamata olives and chop put them into a bowl.
- mince the cilantro, mix it in with the olives and add 1 tbsp of the E.V.O.O. *set aside for later use.
- add bouillon to a pot with about 8 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- add orzo and cook till soft then strain.
- take tomatoes off of vine clean and chop them along with 3 garlic cloves.
- set a burner to about medium heat and add 1 tbsp E.V.O.O. let heat for a minute.
- add garlic first and then tomatoes to the pan then add your chile powder to the mixture and let cook for about 4 minutes (after cooking drain about half of the juices out).
- take strained orzo and in a lg bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
- let sit for an hour uncovered in the fridge so that all of the left over juices can soak inches.