Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very yummy. The orange flavor interacted really really nicely with the kalamata.
- 4 oranges
- 8 kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 chopped artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper
- Section the oranges by peeling them and then, with a serrated knife, cutting each wedge out from its membrane.
- Remove the pits from each olive.
- Then toss all the ingredients together and serve.
I was looking for a side dish for a Middle Eastern entree so decided to give this a go. I didn't use artichoke hearts as I didn't know if my husband would want to eat them. Instead, I used romaine lettuce but I kept the rest of the ingredients the same. We thoroughly enjoyed the finished product. It is a refreshing change from the usual lettuce/tomato/cucumber salads that we eat.