From Betty Crocker.com. Wouldn't this be perfect sided with a hearty soup?? I would keep the anchovies off, but that's a personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces frozen white bread dough or 16 ounces whole wheat bread dough (1 loaf)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (2 ounce) cans anchovy fillets, drained
- 10 oil-cured Greek olives, cut in half and pitted
- 1Thaw bread dough as directed on package.
- 2Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- 3Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- 4Stir in onions; reduce heat to low.
- 5Cover and cook about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are very tender.
- 6Stir in basil and white pepper.
- 7Flatten dough into rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- 8Roll dough with floured rolling pin into 14x11-inch rectangle.
- 9Place on cookie sheet; let stand 15 minutes.
- 10Spoon onion mixture evenly over dough to within 1 inch of edges.
- 11Arrange anchovies in lattice pattern on onions.
- 12Top with olives.
- 13Let stand 15 minutes.
- 14Heat oven to 425ºF.
- 15Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Onion Tart
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 569.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen white bread dough