Tired of your typical Nachos? Try this recipe for a change of pace!
Make and share this Mediterranean Nachos recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups Stacey’s Pita Chips
- 2 tablespoons Sabra® Roasted Garlic Hummus, divided
- 2 tablespoons Sabra® Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, divided
- 8 -10 grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped zucchini (about 1/4-inch chunks)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
- PLACE pita chips in a 9-10 inch skillet or other oven proof pan or baking dish of a similar size. Top with small spoonfuls of Sabra® Hummus. Sprinkle tomatoes, zucchini, olives and pepperoncinis over the chips. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- BAKE 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted and edges are beginning to brown. Serve warm.
This is a nice change of pace from your typical nachos! I increased the amount of hummus, because it didn't seem like enough, since there really are a lot of pita chips. I did everything else according to the recipe, using kalamata olives, but left out the zucchini, since I didn't feel it was necessary. I think that next time, I would want to layer this more, as the problem with most nachos is that everything sits on top and the bottom chips are dry.