Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like your mussels you'll love these!
- 900 g mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 pint red wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1 sprig dried rosemary, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the wine and rosemary, bring to the boil.
- Add the mussels, cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Discard any mussels that remain closed after cooking.
I do like my mussels & yes, I loved these! I made these exactly as written but with not so many mussels. I was a little hesitant with the red wine but wanted to try something different. I thought the wine may overpower the delicate flavour of the mussel meat but was pleasantly suprised that the sauce was so mellow not as sharp as using the white wine. I will definitely make these again and they are a breeze to put together. Great recipe here, Ozzy, thanks.