Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a very yummy, mediterranian inspired recipe featuring sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary and feta cheese. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we do! :)
Top Review by Rhiannon and Matt
I've been making these at work to sell in the cafe.
I've mixed it up a few times, swapping the tomatoes for char-grilled capsicum & I sometimes cook some chopped mushrooms with garlic in butter, let them cool & use 40g of those with 40g of either tomatoes or capsicum. Mixed dry herbs is what I use & someone at work really must like these muffins a LOT because the recipe disappeared from the kitchen! Lucky I've made them enough times to know the recipe off by heart :) Thanks for sharing, Lalaloula!
- 250 g flour (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or use 1/2 fresh clove, minced)
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled (low-fat is fine)
- 100 ml oil
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic and feta. Stir to combine.
- In a second bowl combine oil, buttermilk and egg.
- Stir the wet into the dry ingredient and mix to combine. Be careful not to overmix. Dough should still be lumpy. This dough will be rather stiff.
- Fill into prepared muffin tins and bake at 180°C/350°F in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Muffins are ready when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.