Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very yummy, mediterranian inspired recipe featuring sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary and feta cheese. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we do! :)
- 250 g flour (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or use 1/2 fresh clove, minced)
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled (low-fat is fine)
- 100 ml oil
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a big bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic and feta. Stir to combine.
- In a second bowl combine oil, buttermilk and egg.
- Stir the wet into the dry ingredient and mix to combine. Be careful not to overmix. Dough should still be lumpy. This dough will be rather stiff.
- Fill into prepared muffin tins and bake at 180°C/350°F in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Muffins are ready when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
I've been making these at work to sell in the cafe.
I've mixed it up a few times, swapping the tomatoes for char-grilled capsicum & I sometimes cook some chopped mushrooms with garlic in butter, let them cool & use 40g of those with 40g of either tomatoes or capsicum. Mixed dry herbs is what I use & someone at work really must like these muffins a LOT because the recipe disappeared from the kitchen! Lucky I've made them enough times to know the recipe off by heart :) Thanks for sharing, Lalaloula!
Once again, the bake queen known as Lalaloula has posted another delicious and savoury muffin! I just loved these! I only had half the amount of the tomatoes so that's all I used! I used the ones packed in olive oil, but wasn't sure if that was correct. This is so wonderful and extremely easy to make. Made for Potluck Tag. Thanks Lalaloula! :D
As always Loula another FINE recipe for these muffins! We enjoyed them today with home-made soup for lunch and I have 6 left for another nice meal. I added a few olives to and also used fresh herbs from my garden - so much better than dried herbs if you have them. An easy and VERY tasty savoury muffin recipe and a keeper for me! (Photos to be uploaded later.)