From Quick and Easy Low Carb Cooking for People with Diabetes
Make and share this Mediterranean Morsels recipe from Food.com.
- 12 pimento stuffed olives, drained
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, preferably sweet grape variety, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 (14 ounce) cancut hearts of palm, drained
- 4 ounces whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 20 plain crisp breadsticks (4 x 1/2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients except breadsticks in a gallon-sized plastic storage bag.
- Seal tightly and shake gently back and forth to coat completely.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with breadsticks and wooden toothpicks.
What a delicious and easy nibble! I'm enjoying mine now with a glass of red wine and lovin' it! I subbed marinated artichoke hearts for the hearts of palm, and the marinade for the olive oil. I also used an heirloom cherry tomato mix, to add some color and flavor variety. In addition, I tossed in a couple crushed cloves of garlic for a little flavor boost. I think some part-skim mozzarella cubes would be a nice addition, too. Thanks so much for posting this delightful dish, Lorrie! Made for Photo Tag Game.