Recipe by Steve P.
A quick and easy to make meatloaf with a distinctly Mediterranean flavor. This meatloaf remains moist yet is firm enough to make a sandwich with as well.
Top Review by Bergy
Evcellent flavor, the curry did not overpower the lamb. I cut the breadcrumbs back to 11/2 cups and it still had a nice texture.Loved the olives in it I used a 9"x5"x3" pan . Ended up with 5 generous servings..Baked it for 1 hour. I sliced the left over meatloaf vacuum sealed each slice and popped it in the freezer. This is an add on comment last night almost three months after freezing it I defrosted a slice poured 1/2 cup of tomato soup over ir sealed it with foil and heated in a 325F oven for 30 minutes - Wonderful Thanks Steve
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked ground lamb (you can try other ground meats or combos of for a slightly different flavor)
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) cansmall pitted black olives
- 1 cup diced onion (frozen is ok)
- 3 tablespoons jamaican curry powder (I used hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce