Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is like Kufta. Please note this serves to and adjust your quantities accordingly. Serve this dish over orzo.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ultra lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 small onion, wedged into quarters
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- Combine first six ingredients in a bowl; stir well with wire whisk.
- combine beef and next seven ingredients (beef-cinnamon) in a bowl, stir well.
- Shape into 8 2-inch balls.
- Thread balls ontwo 2 10-inch skewers, thread mushroom and onion alternating.
- Grill or broil 7 minutes per side or until done.
- Baste occasionally with mint sauce.
- Serve with orzo.