1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Mayonnaise
Thanks to the chefs at Martha Stewart *Living* for this one! All ingredients should be at ROOM TEMP before beginning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks on medium speed until slightly thickened.
- 2Add lemon juice, mustard, salt; beat one minute.
- 3Increase speed to medium-high, add 1/2 cup oil ONE TEASPOON AT A TIME (this is very important--or the mayonnaise will "break" ie., separate).
- 4SLOWLY pour in remaining oils in a steady stream, beating until incorporated (about 10 minutes).
- 5Fold in water, lemon juice and salt.
- 6Fold in rosemary or basil.
- 7Serve at room temp; refrigerate leftovers for up to a week.
- 8REPAIR TRICK: If the mayo does "break" salvage the mixture by whisking a single (not married!) egg yolk in another bowl, then beat mayo into it a little at a time.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2002.8
- Calories from Fat 2014
- Total Fat 223.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 283.2 mg
- Sodium 2351.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g