Recipe by gdowell27
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. Devour a simple Mediterranean inspired mix up of the traditional mashed potato. This delectable recipe will bring the flavors of the Mediterranean straight to your taste buds. The mix of tangy sun dried tomatoes and white wine vinegar is blended with creamy mashed potatoes, goat cheese, and black beans with a punch of cumin.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 white wine vinegar
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel back a single corner on your Simply Potatoes and set tray into microwave for 3 minutes.
- While you wait for the potatoes to warm and soften in the microwave, grab a nonstick skillet and set on the stove top over medium heat. Rehydrate 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes in a 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- While both are cooking, open and drain one can of black beans.
- Only let the sun dried tomatoes cook on the stove top for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- After the potatoes are done heating, remove them from the microwave and empty them into a larger serving bowl.
- Mix in the 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes and white wine mixture into the potatoes with 1/2 a can of black beans.
- Before serving, fold in 1 cup of goat cheese and 1 tbsp of cumin of potato mixture.
- Enjoy your Mediterranean inspired mashed potatoes!