Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Toss all these ingredients to create a crisp medley of summer veggies, bursting with flavor.
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise in half sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, wedges
- 1⁄2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- Toss tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and onions in large bowl.
- Combine dressing, basil and garlic. Pour over vegetable mixture, toss to coat.
- Add cheese, mix lightly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Makes 8 servings, 1 cup each.
I love summertime salads. This is a very pretty and flavorful dish. I can't wait to make this again when tomatoes and zucchini are in season. I'm sure it'll be even better with fresh veggies.
So colorful, and so tasty! I make this several times during the summer months. Goes great with all your dinners made on the grill.