Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My own personal recipe - you can tell because it's easy and safe. I'm a beginner - so sue me. But be sure to share this recipe with your lawyer...
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh cracked black pepper
- italian seasoning
- Here's the beauty: Put everything in a tupperware with a lid, shake, and pop in the fridge for several hours or overnight; shaking periodically (so I'm superstitious).
- Serve cold or at room temp if you're inclined.
- ENJOY (And revel since it was a one-stepper).
Very good and very easy! Doesn't get much better than that! I had these after about 4 hours marinating and they were just right. I added just a touch of olive oil. Served with a light pasta dish...yum!
Out of personal preference alone, I cut cucumber length wise, seeded and then sliced to make 1/2 inch "u" shaped pieces (it's a seed thing). Marinated overnight and put on a bed of lettuce, sprinkled with a little feta and sloshed a little marinade on top. I imagine putting into a lettuce leaf with feta would also have the same nummy effect.
If the regular balsamic is to strong, try white balsamic, it's not as serious (for lack of a better word). I got crazy and used coconut vinegar once, which is very mild, a tad sweet and doesn't taste like coconut at all. Call your lawyer....I've been messing with your recipe!!! LOL
Personally I found this very good. I was looking for something very easy to put together and with few ingredients. I doubled the recipe as an appetizer for four people (including three guys who eat 3000 calories a day). I had a few leftovers but my guests seemed to like it, though I have no ravings to report ;) Thanks for a good recipe.