I got this recipe from a gourmet magazine. It makes a nice change from the usual pasta sauces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 177.44 ml finely chopped onion
- 7.39 ml minced drained bottled pepperoncini peppers (aka pickled Tuscan peppers)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml dry white wine
- 793.78 g can plum tomatoes, chopped (don't drain)
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 2 (340.19 g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsley chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped pitted black olives
- 78.07 ml minced parsley
- 1Saute garlic, onion & pepperoncini in oil in a dutch oven, over moderately low heat, stirring constantly until the onion is softened (about 5 minutes).
- 2Add the wine & bring to a boil; continue stirring & boil for 3- 5 minutes or until the wine is almost evaporated.
- 3Add tomatoes with their juice & the paste, lower the heat to medium & simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Stir in artichoke hearts & olives, season to taste with salt & pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 5Add parsley & serve over your favourite pasta.
- 6It's enough for about 1 lb of pasta.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 319.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g