Recipe by Carianne
From Eating Well Feb-March 2005. This is healthy and quick, using frozen and canned veggies! Would be good with kalamata olives and feta cheese added.
Top Review by Rawrsaurus
My Goodness..this recipe was very good. I have acid reflux diseases and have been trying to get more fiber in my body.....I didn't want to season my lima beans with salt...so I use your recipe.
It was delicious. I have never used Cinnamon in a savory way since America usually uses cinnamon for sweet things. The cinnamon added a kick to the beans. I didn't use the tomatos and pepper flakes because that would only aggravate my ulcers.... Thank you so much for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen baby lima beans