Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Eating Well Feb-March 2005. This is healthy and quick, using frozen and canned veggies! Would be good with kalamata olives and feta cheese added.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen baby lima beans
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat; cook onions until soft, 3- 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in spices, tomatoes, and lima beans and cook for 10- 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
My Goodness..this recipe was very good. I have acid reflux diseases and have been trying to get more fiber in my body.....I didn't want to season my lima beans with salt...so I use your recipe.
It was delicious. I have never used Cinnamon in a savory way since America usually uses cinnamon for sweet things. The cinnamon added a kick to the beans. I didn't use the tomatos and pepper flakes because that would only aggravate my ulcers.... Thank you so much for this recipe.
This was wonderful! I will definitely make it again. We served it with crumbled feta. Thank you.
This was pretty good. I agree with a previous post... that next time I may use a bean that I actually like better. But a good way to get some lima beans in the diet!