- 8 ounces dried brown lentils
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves (one whole bag)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons dried mint
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- sort and rinse lentils.
- cook in unsalted water, enough to cover plus one inch, over medium heat until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- drain liquid, reserving 1 cup.
- add back 1/2 cup liquid and spinach leaves, cover pot and cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted and mixed into lentils, about 3 minutes.
- add remainder of reserved liquid, lemon juice, olive oil and dried mint.
- continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed, 5-10 minutes.
- add salt and pepper to taste.