Recipe by Sue Lau
Has a mild spicing and a nice combination of vegetables. Great crockpot recipe!
Top Review by cookin mimi
I read recipes for Lentil Soup all day looking for just the right one to take to a Soup Luncheon ..... then I found this one and it was perfect. I used a pound package of lentils and it made a huge pot. Very tasty!! Thanks for posting.
- 236.59 ml green lentils or 236.59 ml brown lentils
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml lemon, zest of
- 1419.54 ml vegetable broth (chicken broth may be substituted)
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sort lentils and rinse under cold water.
- Place lentils, onions, celery, carrots, potato, garlic, cumin seeds, lemon zest, and vegetable broth in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach and lemon juice and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes more.