I like this salad chilled and served on a bed of lettuce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown lentils or 1 cup green lentil
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
- boiling water
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Rinse the lentils thoroughly.
- 2Add lentils, water, bay leaves, thyme, and garlic to a medium saucepan; bring the mixture to boil.
- 3Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring frequently.
- 4In a small bowl, add the sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water to cover; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, add the celery, bell peppers, onions, and parsley.
- 6In another smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- 7When the sun-dried tomatoes are softened, drain them, mince them and add to the vegetables.
- 8Drain the lentils, discarding the bay leaves.
- 9Add the lentils and dressing to the vegetables; toss to coat.
- 10Serve immediately or cover, chill and serve later.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 135.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 13.8 g