Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I like this salad chilled and served on a bed of lettuce.
Make and share this Mediterranean Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown lentils or 1 cup green lentil
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly.
- Add lentils, water, bay leaves, thyme, and garlic to a medium saucepan; bring the mixture to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, add the sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water to cover; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the celery, bell peppers, onions, and parsley.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- When the sun-dried tomatoes are softened, drain them, mince them and add to the vegetables.
- Drain the lentils, discarding the bay leaves.
- Add the lentils and dressing to the vegetables; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover, chill and serve later.