Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Most of our friends are into healthy eating so I am always on the look out for something healthy but yummy as well. I got this recipe from Hello magazine. This dish is ideal for non meat- eaters, its easy to prepare and its packed with nutritious and flavourful vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 sun- dried chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, trimmed, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 6 ounces puy lentils
- 18 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- fresh ground black pepper
- handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish, add the onion and cook over medium heat until softened. Stir in the chilli and garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the sun-dried tomatoes,carrot and celery and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the Puy lentils into a sieve and rinse under running cold water. Add to the pan with the stock and chopped tomatoes, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the casserole, then cook for 5 more minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season the casserole with black pepper and serve in warmed bowls with a sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley.