Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish sounds wonderful! IMHO. I’m planning to give it a try soon. This dish may be frozen for as long as 6 weeks. Freeze Chicken pieces individually with sauce. To reheat it, thaw. Then put a small amount of water in the bottom of the skillet, placing chicken inside. Cover and steam until heated through. From Food Everyday Issue 1.
- 8 chicken breast halves
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 medium onions, Chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, Chopped
- 236.59 ml olive, pitted and halved (recipe says green, I would use black)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet, and quickly sear the chicken on both sides. Chicken should be golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Set aside.
- Slice lemons thinly, and then cut slices in half.
- If necessary, add the remaining oil to the pan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft, but not brown.
- Add the lemons, olives, broth, and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken in the skillet on top of the veggies and sprinkle with thyme and red pepper.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, about 15 minutes.
I reduced this recipe to 1/4. I used 1/2 tsp thyme and 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and I replaced the water with white wine. I also used sliced green olives since I prefer their flavour. This is really good but I think that next time I would slice the lemon more thickly so that it would be easier to remove upon serving. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks
This was nice but the next time I will put less lemon for my taste. I used only 2 huge chicken breasts as there is just 2 of us.This was made for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs
This was chosen for ZWT, I added in some dried oregano and increased the chili pepper flakes to 3 teaspoons, I increased the salt and pepper and reduced the chicken broth slightly. thank you for posting! Kitten:)