1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Lemon Olive Chicken
Chef Patience's Note:
This dish sounds wonderful! IMHO. I’m planning to give it a try soon. This dish may be frozen for as long as 6 weeks. Freeze Chicken pieces individually with sauce. To reheat it, thaw. Then put a small amount of water in the bottom of the skillet, placing chicken inside. Cover and steam until heated through. From Food Everyday Issue 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet, and quickly sear the chicken on both sides. Chicken should be golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Set aside.
- 3Slice lemons thinly, and then cut slices in half.
- 4If necessary, add the remaining oil to the pan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft, but not brown.
- 5Add the lemons, olives, broth, and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Place the chicken in the skillet on top of the veggies and sprinkle with thyme and red pepper.
- 7Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Lemon Olive Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 677.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.1 g