Recipe by ngibsonn
This goes nicely with roasted potatoes! Mmm mmm Mediterranean! The recipe uses chicken legs, but works for any chicken parts.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for My 3 Chefs June 2008. This was a bit lemony for us (but that's just us). It smelled fantastic when it was cooking. I'll definitely try this again, but with less lemon (specifically lemon peel). Thanks for posting this.
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 chicken legs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, grate the peel from 1/2 the lemon, squeeze out the juice (about 1/4 cup) and add to peel with the oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir until mixed.
- Remove skin from chicken pieces and discard.
- Coat chicken pieces with the lemon mixture and arrange, bone side up, in the baking dish.
- Cover dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn and baste chicken.
- Reduce heat to 400°F (205°C) and bake uncovered, basting every 10 minutes, for about 30 more minutes.
- Serve chicken with pan juices.