1 hr 30 mins
I_love2nurse in Canada's Note:
This is a delicius meal for 8-10 people using spinach, ham and egss. I had lost this recipe years ago and was excited to find it today. I'll be making it this week for sure. I originally got the recipe from a Canadian Egg Marketing Agency when I lived in Ottawa, Canada. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- 2Add spinach and cook until wilted. Drain well.
- 3Reserve 1/2 of the pastry. Roll out remaining pastry to line a greased 8 1/2 inch (22cm) springform pan or deep cake pan. Allow pastry to over hang. Layer: 1/2 the ham, 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the spinach mixture and 1/2 the pimento.
- 4Beat 6 egss and pour over this layer.
- 5Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- 6Roll out remaining pastry and cover. Seal edges, brush with remaining egg mixed with a bit of water and slit surface.
- 7Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 45 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Layers
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.4
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 249.8 mg
- Sodium 1099.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 28.0 g