Recipe by I_love2nurse in Canada
This is a delicius meal for 8-10 people using spinach, ham and egss. I had lost this recipe years ago and was excited to find it today. I'll be making it this week for sure. I originally got the recipe from a Canadian Egg Marketing Agency when I lived in Ottawa, Canada. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach, washed and stemmed
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1⁄2 lb ham slices
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, cut into strips
- 7 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Drain well.
- Reserve 1/2 of the pastry. Roll out remaining pastry to line a greased 8 1/2 inch (22cm) springform pan or deep cake pan. Allow pastry to over hang. Layer: 1/2 the ham, 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the spinach mixture and 1/2 the pimento.
- Beat 6 egss and pour over this layer.
- Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Roll out remaining pastry and cover. Seal edges, brush with remaining egg mixed with a bit of water and slit surface.
- Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 45 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.