Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a beautiful appetizer to serve at Christmas, or Thanksgiving. Serve this with slices of warm pita bread, toasted baguettes, or crackers of your choice.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped and well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped and well drained pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup Greek olive
- Place cream cheese and feta cheese in food processor; cover and process until blended. Divide into thirds (about 1 cup each).
- Line a 5 cup mold or a 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spoon 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture in bottom of mold. Smooth top with spatula. Spread tomatoes over cheese layer. Spoon hummus over tomatoes; then sprinkle cucumbers over hummus.
- Spoon another cup of cheese mixture over cucumbers; smooth out. Spoon olives evenly over cheese layer. Spoon remaining cheese mixture over the olives; smooth out. Bang filled mold on counter to pack down the torte.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours, but no more than 48 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn mold upside down on serving platter. Remove plastic wrap and serve torte with your choice of breads, or crackers.
This was fantastic- so fresh! I made it for the holiday and although my family couldn't eat all of it, we thoroughly enjoyed it with homemade pita chips. I couldn't find the tomatoes, so I subbed in roasted red peppers, chopped. Yummy- and I still can't believe I got my mother to eat hummus!
Made this for 2 holiday parties and it was raved about by all. I did have a problem keeping the plastic wrap in place.