Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another great one from Cooking Light! I love this!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup drained canned cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles (such as Barilla or Vigo)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add leek and next 4 ingredients (leek through garlic), and sauté 5 minutes. Add artichokes and bell pepper, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in beans, and remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended, and cook until slightly thick (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat. Add feta and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; stir until cheese melts.
- Spread 1/4 cup cheese sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 noodles over cheese sauce; top with half of leek mixture, half of spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 cup cheese sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Pour remaining cheese sauce over noodles, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until top is golden. Let stand 5 minutes.
Delicious and different! Lots of great flavour in here - although I did substitute oregano for the mint, as I didn't have any mint. This is wonderful as is, although I do think chopped fresh tomatoes at the height of the summer would be a great addition. I will admit that I added more mozzerella than called for, though, cheesehead that I am! :D I used multi-grain lasagna, too. Made for PRMR Tag.
This was sooooo good!!! We loved this dish!! Love the fact that there was no meat and loved the white sauce and veggies! This was quite easy and will make it again soon!! :) Thanks!