Recipe by seesko
Another great one from Cooking Light! I love this!
Top Review by Katzen
Delicious and different! Lots of great flavour in here - although I did substitute oregano for the mint, as I didn't have any mint. This is wonderful as is, although I do think chopped fresh tomatoes at the height of the summer would be a great addition. I will admit that I added more mozzerella than called for, though, cheesehead that I am! :D I used multi-grain lasagna, too. Made for PRMR Tag.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup drained canned cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles (such as Barilla or Vigo)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add leek and next 4 ingredients (leek through garlic), and sauté 5 minutes. Add artichokes and bell pepper, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in beans, and remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended, and cook until slightly thick (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat. Add feta and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; stir until cheese melts.
- Spread 1/4 cup cheese sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 noodles over cheese sauce; top with half of leek mixture, half of spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 cup cheese sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Pour remaining cheese sauce over noodles, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until top is golden. Let stand 5 minutes.