1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Lamb on Chickpea and Tomato Salad
I got this somewhere on the net. It's good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (150 g) backstrap lamb fillets
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaf, torn
- 60 ml olive oil
- 20 ml red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup natural yoghurt, extra
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1Marinate lamb fillets in a the yoghurt, cumin and coriander for 1 hour.
- 2Combine chickpeas, capsicum, tomatoes, onion, mint, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 3Stir together remaining yoghurt and garlic in a bowl.
- 4Pan-fry lamb fillets in a non-stick pan over medium heat or until cooked through. Place salad onto four serving plates and top with sliced lamb fillets.
- 5Finish with a generous dollop of garlic flavoured yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Lamb on Chickpea and Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 926.7
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 745.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 39.9 g