Recipe by CaliforniaJan
For a different take on the basic burger, give these juicy Lamb Burgers a try. A great meal served with corn-on-the-cob and a tossed green salad...yum!
- 4 pita breads
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- dill pickle, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- red onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pita bread in half, crosswise, to form a pocket. Wrap pitas in foil and warm in a 300 degree oven while preparing burgers.
- Make sauce by combining yogurt, cucumber, and lemon juice to serve as a sauce.
- Thoroughly combine remaining ingredients by gently kneading with your fingers. Shape into 8 1/2-inch thick, oval patties to accommodate the pita halves. Barbecue or broil, leaving them a little pink in the middle keeps the burgers from tasting dry.
- Let your diners fill each pita half with a burger and choices of sliced pickles, tomatoes, and red onion,then a dollop of sauce.