As a change of pace try this Mediterranean-inspired burger using ground lamb.
Make and share this Mediterranean Lamb Burger With Greek Garnishes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- crumbled feta
- thinly sliced red onion
- kalamata sliced ripe olives
- cucumber, slices
- tomato, slices
- In a large bowl, use a fork to gently combine lamb, onion, Dijon, parsley, mint, oregano, salt and pepper. Gently form into four 1-inch thick patties.
- Heat grill to high. Place patties on the hottest part of the grill and sear until browned 1-2 minutes per side.
- Move patties to the cooler part of the grill and continue grilling until desired doneness, 4-8 minutes per side.
- Place burger on split bun and garnish as desired.
All the toppings are really good on this burger. I also added some fresh Italian parsley on top too, which was nice.
Very flavorful - exactly what my taste buds were calling for. I didn't have any of the fresh herbs on hand so I cut them in half when using dried versions. I also didn't make the garnish (hate cucumber) but other than that, I kept it true to the recipe and the lamb burger was so juicy and delicious (my mouth is watering just remembering it!) *two thumbs up*
Lovely flavor loaded burger. The combination of mint, parsley & oregano really pep up this lamb burger. I served it in a pita with tomatoes, cuke, onion and olives Mmmmmm