Recipe by JustJanS
This quick sauce for a slow cooked leg of lamb came from a good friend of mine.
Top Review by Evie*
Great flavours in this lamb roast. Very different to how we normally have a leg of lamb, but we love mushrooms and the idea of having a sauce as well was very appealing. The lamb was tender and it makes oodles of sauce, which was great because it was a perfect 'gravy' over the meat and mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting Jan. =)
- 2 kg leg of lamb, bone in
- 1 (140 g) can tomato paste
- 250 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 dash fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the leg of lamb in a slow oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Pour this mix over the lamb, and cover with a lid or foil.
- Cook for a further 1 1/2 hours in a slow oven.
- Slice the meat thickly and serve with the sauce-it may need to be reduced a little before using.