1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Herb Baked Chicken
The selection of spices used in this dish create an exotic aroma. I love the combination of olives, capers and tomatoes. It's one of my favorites. You could serve it with steamed couscous, but we prefer it with rice. Plan ahead as it needs to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus
- 1 whole fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs, bone in or 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- cooked rice, to serve
- 1Combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, cumin, tumeric and paprika in a 9 byb 13 inch baking dish.
- 2Stir to blend.
- 3Add the chicken, turning to coat, and arrange in a single layer.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes and their juices, chicken broth, olives, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- 5Pour the mixture around the chicken pieces, taking care not to disturb the herb coating.
- 6Cover the dish with foil, and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- 7Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 8Bake the chicken, still covered with foil, for 40 minutes, remove the foil, and continue baking until the chicken juices run clear, about 20 minutes longer.
- 9Spread the rice onto individual plates and top with the chicken and cooking juices, garnishing with sprigs of cilantro for serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Herb Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.7
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 282.6 mg
- Sodium 723.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 69.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro stems